2020 was a year to remember. Small businesses were under attack and something drastic needed to happen. With some ingenuity and hard work, we helped businesses turn this negative into new streams of revenue. With the use of local SEO tips, we helped businesses grow. Even during the pandemic and an economic recession.
Christmas time means it’s the end of the year and for small business, it’s time to reflect on what happened in the last 12 months. Furthermore, we look forward to what we’re going to do in the next 12 months. For help with your planning use these top 3 local SEO strategies we used in 2020 that actually helped build businesses, during a pandemic and economic recession.
LOCAL SEO TIP #1
The number 1 digital strategy we used in 2020 to grow local businesses was adding a e-commerce to their revenue stream. Although this isn’t really a local SEO tip, a store will only be successful if there’s a heavy local SEO strategy working in the background.
We had a lot of new e-commerce stores come online in 2020. The competition is going to get even more fierce. All the more reason to make local SEO a big part of your digital marketing activities.
The great thing with this is that we found a lot of POS systems are already well designed for e-commerce. The first step in deciding if you want to do e-commerce is investigate with your POS provider to see if they have an e-commerce solution. It may be a lot more simple than you think.
LOCAL SEO TIP #2
Local SEO tip #2 is really an “old school” tried-and-tested” strategy that isn’t going anywhere. The search engine’s job is to help you get the content you are looking for. Your website needs to tell the right story. The most effective way to do that is well-structured and directed written content.
In 2021, consider investing in a content strategy. Some of you may see large gains just be adding content. Some of you may need to put in more work to make sure your content is optimized. It really all depends on your competition.
In order to find out if your content needs an overhaul, ask yourself these questions:
- When was the last time you did a content audit? Written and visual.
- What services do you want to grow? Which are your staple products/services and do those website pages have updated and adequate content? Written, photography, and video.
- What are the highest margin products or services that you sell?
- Do your website pages contain at least 1000 words? If not, it’s time to get to work.
LOCAL SEO TIP #3
This strategy is is a part of what we call local SEO. When we’re talking about SEO there’s:
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
- Local SEO
In 2020 we used a simple local SEO strategy that really exceeded our expectations.
100% of the businesses using Propel Media’s Google My Business (GMB) managed service saw increases in their organic traffic. GMB is a free service offered by Google. Less than 9% of businesses in the world are using GMB posts! If you haven’t posted to GMB and you actually want to do something that’s free and super super high impact right now. Invest in a GMB strategy.
How to post to GMB – Source
Google has made it very easy for you to post to Google My Business. You can use your desktop computer or download the app to your phone. From your desktop:
- Sign in to Google My Business. If you have multiple locations, open the location you want to update.
- From the menu, click Posts.
- At the top of the page, choose the type of post you want to create: Update, Event, Offer, or Product.
- Click the elements you want to add to your post: photos, videos, text, events, offers, or a button. Enter relevant information for each post addition you choose.
- Choose to publish or preview your post.
For more tips to help make your website even better click here. You can read all the tips we have for you to get more business using your website.
Are you ready to go but need a bit of a boost or more information? Kindly reach out and I will gladly explore your needs with you.